The Development and Education of Virtue
November 20, 2012, 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Radboud University Nijmegen, the Netherlands
The conference, organised by the Practical Philosophy department of the Radboud University Nijmegen, brings together several prominent ethicists and philosophers of education to discuss the psychology, development and education of moral virtue.
- David Carr: "Virtue, Literature and Moral Education"
- Kristján Kristjánsson: "Positive Psychology and Positive Education: Old Wine in New Bottles?"
- Paul van Tongeren: "The Christianisation of the Virtues"
- Wouter Sanderse: "Towards a Neo-Aristotelian Model of Moral Development"
- Tom Bates: "On Virtues and Vices"
- Frank Willems: "Assessing Qualities of Moral Classroom Conversations in the Domain of Citizenship Education: A Virtue Ethical Approach"
− The conference is open to everyone without a registration fee. A charge of 10 euro will be imposed for anyone who orders lunch, but otherwise attendance at the conference is free of charge.
− If you wish to register for the conference, please notify Mr. W. Sanderse (firstname.lastname@example.org) by e-mail before November 1. The full papers will be send to you a week before the conference.
− Location is the Huygens building, room 01.028. Address: Heyendaalseweg 135, 6525 AJ Nijmegen.
− For more information, see: http://www.ru.nl/actueel/agenda/overzicht_van/volledige-agenda/@864095/the-development-and/